The all important question – how do I get my website optimised so that Google and other recognised search engines index and rank my site?
The development process and structures utilised in designing a site has to include all the technical aspects that Google requires to fully understand your website’s content and effectively rank it. This specialised knowledge may be difficult for the average individual to understand so we have put the uncomplicated answers in these 10 important points below.
1. Create page content that is clear, useful and information-rich. It is advisable to update page content from time to time as search engines favour recently updated content. Some website design companies offer copywriting services which can facilitate well-written content for the site.
2. Think about the words / keyword phrases (meta tags) that users would type to find your website and make sure that the pages of your site actually include those words within it. Search engines favour relevancy in the content and keywords. Find a reputable webmaster that specialises in appropriate meta tags and keyword density services.
3. Image Optimisation. If your website offers high quality images or animation these too can be optimised on a page through the scripting of suitable alt and title tags.
4. High quality backlinks are very important for increasing page views and traffic to your site. Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page from another web node. A good example of creating backlinks to your website is by submitting quality, beneficial articles to Article Submission directories. Article writing services are offered by some website design companies as part of a marketing package that will compose and submit the articles on your behalf.
5. The greater number of internal links, also known as hyperlinks, within your website is also important in increasing page traffic. These links point to another page on the same website allowing a visitor to navigate the website without clicking on each page separately.
6. Social Media links and platforms such as Facebook and Twitter are also rewarded by search engines. Social media allows you to spread your online reach faster and once again these platforms offer linking to and from your website driving high quality site traffic.
7. Responsive website design. Due to the increase in smartphone and tablet usage the importance of mobile-friendly websites has become vital and this is a big positive in SEO. Responsive site frameworks provide convenient user-experience as the website can be viewed across many devices and screen sizes as it adjusts the design accordingly.
8. Add your website to Google Places for Businesses and Google Maps. This option not only offers the visitor of your site the convenience of finding your location directly to your front door but as it is a Google product you are getting an exclusive online presence showing where your business is based.
9. Add your site to Google Webmaster Tools. This is a search console which monitors and maintains your site’s presence in Google Search results. It offers tools that let the webmaster / hosting provider submit and check many aspects of the site such as the crawl rate, internal and external links, sitemap (list of pages on the site), broken links, etc
10. Google AdWords. This product offers website listings at the top of Google searches when a user searches for keywords or phrases, or browses websites with themes related to your business. You pay Google for these sponsored listings, on a pay-per-click basis. This marketing package is offered by specialised agencies or website hosting companies.
Added: by Technology Solutions