The success of any online business is dependent on the popularity of the business website. In order to be successful, the business owners need to ensure that the website always gets sufficient visitors. When the regular visitors of a site abandon it and do not visit it again in the future, it is called website abandonment. It is not good for any business as it can damage the image and reputation of the site and the business it represents. Website abandonment also affects the ranking of a website in search engine results. Search engines ignore those sites which are abandoned by the regular visitors.
In order to ensure that your site enjoys a favorable rank in search engines, you should understand why the visitors are abandoning your site. Here are the top 10 reasons for website abandonment:
1) No updated content – when the content of the site is not updated from time to time, the visitors get bored of the website after a certain period of time and they abandon it.
2) Takes time to load – if the visitors find that the site takes too long to load, they will not re-visit it. Change in loading time of the website can be the result of problems with hosting solutions.
3) Too many ads – the visitors do not visiting a website which opens too many ads which might not allow them to freely browse through the website.
4) Uninspiring content – if the content of the site is not inspiring enough, the internet users will not re-visiting the website.
5) Hard to navigate – the users also abandon those websites which they find hard to navigate through.
6) Unattractive design – if the design and layout of the site is not able to draw the attention of the visitors, they will abandon it in no time.
7) Harsh on the eyes – some times, the visitors find that the layout and color of the website are very harsh on their eyes and so they abandon it.
8) Copied content – if they find that the content of the website is copied from other sites, they will abandon it and browse the original website instead.
9) Malware and virus – if they feel that the website has been downloading virus and malware in their systems, they will not visit it again.
10) Lose interest – the visitors can also abandon the website if they lose interest with the business.
Added: by Technology Solutions